PROGRAM COORDINATOR – SYR
Hourly Rate: $32
AARP Foundation is looking for a high-performing Program Coordinator who will work closely with the Income Security team to manage and scale the SaveYourRefund (SYR) program within AARP Foundation. SaveYourRefund is a fun and easy way for taxpayers to take financial action while increasing the number of Americans who have access to cash to cover emergency expenses when they happen. These savers get the chance to win one of 100 prizes of $100 throughout tax season and can also enter the Grand Prize photo and caption contest for a chance at one of two grand prizes of $10,000.
Collaborate with program administrators to structure the 2020 SYR promotion, including rules, requirements for entry, prize structure, and eligibility.
Operate the SYR promotion in the 2020 tax season, including:
- Update SYR website and promotional and training materials with Foundation communications
- Answer questions from past SYR partners and organizations interested in learning about the promotion
- Develop, bond, and register official rules for the 2020 promotion in collaboration with the sweepstakes vendor
- Conduct training to help tax preparation organizations and partners learn about the promotion and how to enter participants
- Collaborate with AARP Foundation Tax-Aide staff to promote SYR to the Tax-Aide program and other partners, including VITA organizations
- Enable participation in SYR by updating entry form and make it available to tax filers; collect and clean entries in collaboration with sweepstakes vendor
- Conduct weekly drawing, communicate with and verify prize winners, and disburse prizes in collaboration with sweepstakes vendor
- Conduct grand prize photo contest and select and award grand prize winner in collaboration with sweepstakes vendor
Communicate with SYR stakeholders about important changes and updates, including:
- Timely communication with past SYR partners about transition of primary administration from Commonwealth to AARP Foundation in 2020
- Share fresh updates and resources with email list at weekly interval throughout tax season
Prepare for changes to program operations to further integrate into AARP Foundation Programs in 2021 and beyond.