PROGRAM COORDINATOR – SNAP
Hourly Rate: $22.5
AARP Foundation is looking for a high-performing Program Coordinator who is committed to the mission of AARP Foundation and interested in a role blending program development, partner coordination and data management. This person will work closely with the Food Security team to manage Making SNAP Easy for Seniors, a multi-state program to identify and enroll eligible older adults in SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) and to support states in adopting ESAP (Elderly Simplified Application Project), a simplified SNAP application for those age 60 and up.
Making SNAP Easy for Seniors currently has more 15 implementation partners across 8 states. To date, the program has served over 30,400 older adults through community partners and is poised to expand significantly in 2020.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Making SNAP Easy for Seniors program.
- Act as primary point of contact and lead customer support, problem solving, and technical assistance to the program’s multi-state network of community partner organizations.
- Manage the contact strategy for reaching SNAP-eligible older adults, including targeted direct mail campaigns and subsequent performance measurement.
- Collaborate with partner organizations to identify and resolve roadblocks, as well as to disseminate best practices. Implement new ways for organizations to share learnings.
- Support the selection, review, and vetting of new local partners.
- Manage logistics around onboarding of new partners, including working with internal teams to insure a smooth transition.
- Maintain tracking of key performance indicators (KPIs) and create monthly impact report for program leadership.
- Support the development of new technologies and process improvements aimed at improving the enrollment experiences and increasing the number of older adults enrolled in SNAP/ESAP.
We are looking for someone with:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant work experience, including experience independently managing a program or project.
- Proven ability to implement program processes and prioritize stakeholder feedback to inform process, program strategies, and resource development.
- Experience executing large outreach strategies or marketing campaigns.
- An obsessive attention to detail and proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High proficiency with Excel; familiarity with Salesforce and other evaluation or data management platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in a customer-facing and/or consulting role requiring a relationship-driven approach to strengthening partnerships and engagement with diverse stakeholders.
- The natural ability to empathize with stakeholders and consumers and leverage their experiences in program innovation.
- Experience working with the SNAP program preferred, but not required.